Welcome to the weekly news round up. It’s time to get updated!
- Bombay High Court on June 12, 2019, said it wants to first listen to the opinions of environmental experts before deciding on a plea seeking for cutting mangroves to pave way for the Mumbai-Ahmedabad bullet train project.
- A study by the Centre for Science and Environment (CSE), has revealed that the rising figure of private vehicles, which is up by 700 times since 1951 without sufficient public transport in cities, will lock in a massive quantity of pollution.
- Tamil Nadu is facing a critical water shortage, therefore has requested the centre to sanction over Rs 5,000 crores, for many drinking water supply schemes in the state to manage the condition.
- Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) has asked Uttar Pradesh Pollution Control Board (UPPCB) to ensure minimum environmental flow in the Ganga while stating that the river in the Kanpur-Fatehpur stretch was not fit for bathing.
- State Bank of India (SBI) will introduce repo rate-linked home loans from July 1, 2019. It has also reduced the interest rate on a cash credit account (CC) and overdraft (OD) customers with limits above Rs 1 lakh after the RBI reduced the repo rate by 25 basis points.
And that was all for this week, we’ll be back next week with new updates until then stay updated and avoid using plastic.