Hi guys, welcome back to weekly news roundup. Let’s get started!
- On 6th August 2019, The Gautam Buddh Nagar administration acquired the first tranche of (80-hectare) farmland, for the proposed Jewar International Airport and passed it over to the Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority (YEIDA).
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) cut the key interest rate for the fourth time in a row, as it reduced the repo rate by 35 basis points (0.35%) to 5.40%, to boost the slowing economy.
- According to the World Resources Institute’s Aqueduct Water Risk Atlas report, India is at the 13th spot among 17 countries, on the list of ‘extremely high’ water-stressed countries, close to ‘Day Zero’ conditions when the taps run dry.
- On August 5, 2019, the government, revoked the ‘special status’ granted to the state of J&K, under Article 370 and also repealed Article 35A. It surely opens up opportunities for the development-led economic growth in both J&K and Ladakh.
- Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL) announced that the Delhi Airport is planning a major infrastructure development, to increase its annual passenger management capability from around 66 million to 100 million by 2022.
That was all for this week, we’ll be back next week until then stay updated and buy a nice gift for your sister.