Hey guys, we’re back with the fresh set of weekly news roundup, where we inform you about latest happenings in the Real Estate sector. Lets’ get started.
- Beginning with the development of the bullet train project. Mumbai-Ahmedabad bullet train project was opposed by the National Federation of Indian Railwaymen, as they dubbed it as ‘wasteful’ and said that government should instead focus on strengthening the existing rail network in the country
- Next update on Real estate group Supertech Limited. 4 Supertech officials were arrested for violation of pollution norms, at its project in Sector 74 of Noida on February 21, 2019, and Supertech Ltd has also been slapped with a fine of INR 5 lakhs.
- Update on Farmer’s protest. The protest outside Noida Authority office continued for 10 + days. 100s of farmers have been sitting outside the Authority’s office in Sector 6 over compensation given to them, in lieu of their land. The farmers had, so far, denied any talks with the officials ‘inside the office’.
- Next update on Surajpur. The Supreme Court has issued notices to the centre and the Uttar Pradesh government, on a plea filed by an environmentalist against the National Green Tribunal’s (NGT’s) order which refused to declare the low-lying areas in and around Surajpur reserve forest in Gautam Budh Nagar as a wetland.
- Last but not the least, the construction of an Rs 30,274-crore Regional Rapid Transport System (RRTS) that will connect the national capital with Meerut, through Ghaziabad has been approved by the government on February 19, 2019.
That was all for this week, we’ll be back next week with a new set of weekly news roundup until then stay updated and read the newspaper daily.