· 20 years, the Schneider Electric Foundation has been rallying the Group’s employees to support its partner associations. Its actions are an integral part of the Schneider Sustainability Impact, which measures Schneider Electric’s non-financial performance
· The Schneider Electric Foundation is the first corporate foundation to join #GivingTuesday
· The Foundation launched a call for projects to support the associations that matter to its employees
Schneider Electric, the leader in the digital transformation of energy management and automation, through its Foundation, under the aegis of Foundation de France, supported #GivingTuesday 2018. This global movement to promote giving, and a commitment to helping others, was celebrated for the first time on November 27th this year.
“The Schneider Electric Foundation – since its creation – has put the engagement of employees at the heart of its ambition. Through its NGOs partners, it works across the globe thanks to its network of 130 delegates located in the countries where the Group operates. Since 2005, the energy we have put into this program has been an integral part of the Schneider Sustainability Impact and contributes to a fairer and lower-carbon society. Our involvement in #GivingTuesday allows us to federate the energy of the people within Schneider Electric,” said Gilles Vermot Desroches, Sustainability Senior Vice-President and General Delegate of the Foundation for Schneider Electric
#GivingTuesday by Schneider Electric: Involvement in all its forms
Strengthened by 20 years of experience, the Schneider Electric Foundation wants to highlight the involvement of its employees. #GivingTuesday was the perfect illustration of this philosophy held by the Foundation, which becomes the first corporate-linked foundation to join this initiative in France.
As part of this spirit of local generosity, the Schneider Electric Foundation wanted to embark a large number of countries through this initiative. In total, 40 countries in which Schneider Electric operates contributed to #GivingTuesday 2018: South Africa & English-speaking Africa (East and West Africa), Australia, Bangladesh, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, the Congo, China/Hong Kong, Ivory Coast, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Spain, the United States, France, the United Kingdom, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kenya, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Nigeria, Poland, the Philippines, the Czech Republic, Russia, Senegal, Serbia, Thailand, Vietnam.
Each country developed its own actions in the areas which are most appropriate to its context. The involvement of Schneider Electric employees took many forms. The many actions offered as part of this day is listed on Schneider VolunteerIn, the involvement platform for Schneider Electric employees.
A call for projects that will focus on associations that are important to employees
For #GivingTuesday 2018, the Schneider Electric Foundation launched a call for projects at the global level. Through VolunteerIn, each Schneider Electric employee now has one month to introduce and promote an association in which he/she is involved. At the end of this period, the various proposals will be voted for by the employees in each country. Each association with the highest number of votes locally will receive 1,000€. The top three associations in each country will also be able to use the volunteer platform to benefit from the involvement of employees.
This initiative follows the Work-life Balance agreement signed on July 5th, 2018 that enables each employee who so wishes to benefit from Schneider Electric’s offer of 20 hours per year to contribute to an association supported by the Foundation.
A high turnout for numerous initiatives within India
On the same lines, Schneider Electric India keenly worked towards promoting #GivingTuesday in India. The company successfully distributed over 2000 Tool Kit Distribution to Electrician Trainee Students across 25 locations. The major cities that have been covered include Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Puducherry, Vizag, Vijayawada, Srikakulam, Lucknow, NCR, Jaipur, Patna, Kolkata, Cuttack, Bhubaneswar, Mumbai, Gandhinagar, Vadodara.
The key community outreach initiatives in India under #GivingTuesday included:
- Various NGOs being invited to set up their booths and interact with company employees – 7 NGO Booths at Gurgaon, 8 NGO Booths at BGRT, 3 NGO Booths at Bangalore Plants, 1 each at Chennai and Hyderabad Plants.
- 48 School Bags distributed to school going kids of slum dwellers
- Employee Volunteers involvement – over 100 employees at all the locations, put together
- One project has been committed – to provide 100 solar lights to slum dwellers at Bangalore
- 7 Safety Sessions were conducted for the Electrician Trainees who were invited to various SE locations – BGRT, Gurgaon, 3 Plants at Bangalore, 1 plant each at Chennai and Hyderabad