DLF Mall of India, country’s first destination mall officially opened its doors for customers on April 27, 2016 in Noida. DLF Mall of India soft launched in mid December 2015 and saw the fastest ever build up to launch with 250 brands in just 4 months. The mall houses over 330 brands in total which will be opening within the next quarter. The essence of the mall is that of a destination, which encapsulates not just shopping but a never-before food & entertainment experience, which is thoughtfully and craftfully divided in 5 zones spread over 7 floors. The concept of Happy Mallidays has been derived from the fact that in a mall so big and fulfilling, a customer will experience the feeling of a holiday. The campaign positions DLF Mall of India as the ultimate destination for individuals across all age group looking for an international experience in a mall.
Speaking on the occasion of the mall launch, Sriram Khattar, Chief Executive Office, DLF Rental Business, said, “At DLF Group, our objective is to provide best in the class projects that make a positive impact on the community and DLF Mall of India is a shining example of that. DLF Mall of India is a game changer in the retail real estate business that focuses on providing an international experience that is second to none.”
Pushpa Bector, Executive Vice President and Head at DLF Mall of India, shared, “We are proud to announce the official launch of the mall that India deserves. DLF Mall of India has all the qualities on an international mall that will provide the visitors a global experience they have been waiting for. DLF Mall of India is a destination mall that will gainfully engage Delhi—NCR with endless options of shopping, food & entertainment.”
Anuj Puri, Chairman & Country Head, JLL India shares for more than a decade now, Delhi-National Capital Region (NCR) has continued to dominate entire India’s retail real estate stock and supply. For many years, it has also dominated demand. In 2015-16, Delhi-NCR influenced about 60% of the pan-India supply and demand for retail real estate – and this scenario is unlikely to change much for some time to come. With nearly 100 malls in operation across the region, Delhi-NCR is the default ‘mall capital’ of the country. No other Indian city comes anywhere close to its undisputed position. Delhi-NCR has quite a few other distinctions to its retail scene vis-à-vis other Indian cities. It serves as a ‘Gateway to India’ for many brands – both of national and international origins. Foreign brands such as Burger King, Johnny Rockets, Wendy’s, H&M, Gap, Calvin Klein, US Polo, Nautica – to name a few – launched their India operations from Delhi-NCR. Interestingly, Delhi-NCR also has the highest saturation of malls in a leading micro-market – Gurgaon has as many as 28 malls with a total footage of more than 7mn sq ft for a population of 15.14 lakh (as per Census 2011). If Delhi-NCR is to be able to tap its fullest retail potential, there is a pressing need to identify poor and average malls and improve their potential by correcting design and planning mistakes done at the time of their construction. As there has been an increase in the gap between superior grade and poor grade malls over the years, this is a big opportunity to further enhance the retail profile of this region.
If Delhi-NCR is to be able to tap its fullest retail potential, there is a pressing need to identify poor and average malls and improve their potential by correcting design and planning mistakes done at the time of their construction. As there has been an increase in the gap between superior grade and poor grade malls over the years, this is a big opportunity to further enhance the retail profile of this region.
5 important zones of DLF Mall of India that will drive you crazy!
1. Market Place (Lower Ground Floor) houses the hypermarket and a home furnishing zone along with value fashion players. The well detailed travelators allow for convenience and easy movement of trolleys for the shoppers. This level hosts Big Bazaar Gen Nxt and Home Centre as anchors.
2. International Boulevard (Ground & First Floor) houses the best of international fashion & beauty brands. This zone includes the largest H&M store in the country with the entire range the brand has to offer along with the flagship stores of Zara, F21 and M&S as anchor brands.
3. High Street (second floor) offers cherry picked high street Indian-ethnic brands for wedding, occasion and Indian-ethnic shopping. The zone is anchored by Bombay Selections and houses other cult brands like Meena Bazaar, Greenways, Perfection House, Kalpana Sarees, Zardozi, Anita Dongre, Anokhi, Tarini, Suvasa, etc.
4. Family World (third floor) This floor houses a zone for kids and casual dining offering 20 restaurants covering all popular cuisines. Anchored my Hamley’s & Mothercare, Family World also houses the best from the world of food, like Shree Ratnam, Pirates of Grill, Mama Goto, Pizza Express, Soda Bottle Opener Wala, famous & cult – United Coffee House and many more.
5. Leisure Land (Fourth & Fifth floor) The top two floors of the mall house the largest indoor entertainment zone of the country. Offering indoor entertainment that surpasses anything available in the country, is the mall’s unique and large-scale gaming concepts like Smaaash, Ski India (an indoor snow park modelled after Ski Dubai) and Funcity. The 7-star DT Star Cinemas also has special treat for kids in the form of a unique auditorium for children with a specially designed kids candy bar. Leisure Land also includes a massive food court which offers refreshing mix of brands covering all popular food court cuisines.