Hey Guys! This is Weekly News Round and your chance to up your real estate game, so let’s get started.
- For the 5th consecutive year, Sobha is recognised as the ‘Brand Leader of Indian real estate’ by Track2Realty’s BrandXReport 2018-19. Embassy jumped from 5th to 2nd spot. Godrej Properties is the 3rd-best brand at the national level.
- Karnataka CM HD Kumaraswamy has launched online platforms for building plan approvals, change of land use and other related permissions through online submissions, avoiding delays and middlemen.
- The Enforcement Directorate (ED), on June 19, 2019, said that it had arrested IL&FS’ former joint MD Arun K Saha and MD of transportation network K Ramchand, in Mumbai, under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA).
- Delhi government has directed resto-bars and night clubs in the city to obtain fire safety certificates, by September 2019 following the massive fire at a hotel in Karol Bagh and also warned them of harsh action, in case of non-compliance of the order.
- According to the US Green Building Council (USGBC) report, Maharashtra has the highest cumulative gross sq ft of LEED-certified space in India, followed by Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Haryana and Uttar Pradesh.
That’s all for this week, we’ll be back with new updates next week until then stay updated and avoid plastic.