– by Arti Choudhary
According to Vastu, a house is made up of five elements – the sun, earth, water, fire and wind and the proper calibration of these elements in a house, brings happiness, good health, and prosperity and when it comes to buying or shifting to a new home we become very specific about Griha Pravesh ceremony, Shubh Muhurats and all.
When you enter your new home for the very first time, the Griha Pravesh ceremony is performed. As it is said that, this ceremony brings good fortune and it is equally important for all family members. Along with it people also believe that one should move into the new house during auspicious time as it makes life comfy and family faces minimum struggle after shifting.
List of Shubh Muhurats is endless but here are some most favorable and to be avoided days for the Griha Pravesh ceremony:-
- Vasant Panchami
- Akshaya Tritiya
- Gudi Padwa
- Dussehra (Vijayadashmi) A house warming performed on Dussehra does not even require an auspicious time, as every moment of this day is considered auspicious
To be avoided:
- Shraddha Paksha
Before the Griha Pravesh, it is suggested to do Kalash pooja and to perform this ritual, a priest chants mantras and on the other hand, a copper pot is filled with water and nine types of grains with a coin are placed in it. A coconut is placed on the pot and one enters the house with it.
In the Griha Pravesh ceremony, there are many pujas and paths performed by a priest depending upon you, whether you want it to be simple or elaborate it. To purify the space and cleanse it of negative forces, a havan is conducted. A Ganesh puja is performed and along with it a Navagraha Shanti path is also done, which means worship of the nine planets and Vastu puja for sure. You must serve the food to the priests and family and other invited guests on this day. Once the ceremony has been performed, you can move into the new house.
Following are the tips for the Griha Pravesh ceremony:
- On the day of the Griha Pravesh ceremony, you should place the idols in an east-facing direction of the house.
- To purify and cleanse the place, mop the floor with saltwater and thoroughly clean the house before the puja.
- Always put your right foot first while entering the house.
- Decorate the main door with mango leaves and fresh, as it is called as Simha Dwara and is the face of the Vastu Purush.
- Adorn the floor with rangoli on the floor as it is believed that rangoli is an invite goddess Laxmi. Make use of vibrant colors and rice flour.