We’re back with another weekly news roundup! Let’s begin.
- On July 10, 2019, the West Bengal assembly passed an amendment to the state’s Apartment Ownership Act, to enable associations of a housing project to form federations, to look after the common areas.
- A pre-bid conference will be held on July 15, 2019, in Greater Noida to address queries of bidders interested in an upcoming international airport at Jewar in Uttar Pradesh.
- The Delhi High Court, on July 10, 2019, dismissed a petition challenging the AAP government’s proposal to make metro rail rides free for women and declined to entertain the plea, also imposed a cost of Rs 10,000 on the petitioner.
- The Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry has received a 12% hike in budgetary provisions in the Union Budget 2019, while allocations for metro projects and the PMAY scheme have increased by 25% & 5%, respectively.
- The Delhi Metro has been given a grant of Rs 414.70 crores in the Union Budget 2019-20, as against Rs 50 crores in the last fiscal.
That’s all for this week, we’ll be back with fresh weekly news roundup. Until then stay updated and use public transport!