Hi Guys! Welcome back to the weekly news round up. Let’s see what’s brewing in the bulletin today!
- CII-Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) has announced its plans to promote the ‘Net-Zero Energy Building Movement’ in India, which is intended to encouraging energy efficiency.
- The Noida Authority has warned realtor Unitech to clear its Rs 2,743.29 crore dues against the land allocated to it for group housing projects within 15 days or face cancellation of the allotments.
- New Delhi registered the biggest decline in Asia, as the capital dropped by 6 places to 118th spot on the world’s most liveable cities list, due to a rise in cases of crimes and poor air quality.
- Environment experts cautioned that if the target of attaining land degradation neutrality (LDN) by 2030 is not completed then there will be no land left in India. They also added that due to growing pressure on land, proper land management is needed.
- Mumbai’s Aarey colony will lose 2,646 trees to the Metro car shed as the proposal got a green flag from the Tree Authority (TA). The MMRCL would save 56 trees, whereas 2,185 would be cut and 461 would be transplanted.
That was all for this week we’ll be back next week until then, stay updated and plant more trees.